The Accounting Assistant is responsible for providing accounting and administrative duties in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate accounting and administrative operations.
The Accounting Assistant is responsible for providing accounting, administrative, and clerical services. This includes processing and monitoring payments and expenditures. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that finances are accurate and up to date and that vendors and suppliers are paid within established time limits.
1. Perform the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions to ensure that finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
- Receive and verify invoices for goods and services using the three-way match system (invoice, purchase orders and receiving papers)
- Maintain current purchase order file/watch backorders/and set up estimates at month end
- Verify that transaction comply with policies and procedures
- Prepare invoices with general ledger accounts to apply costs to appropriate accounts, units and departments
- Prepare batches of invoices for data entry
- Data enter invoices for payment
- Process back up reports after data entry
- Maintain and update vendor files
- Identify trends in customer satisfaction, and buying patterns/ usage
- Maintain W-9 information and submit 1099 reports
- Update, maintain, record and submit credit information for new vendor requests
- Watch sales tax make sure accurate on invoices apply use tax as needed
- Maintain direct pay and use tax information for all companies
- Coordinate and communicate with various dept heads and staff to ensure good relations with our suppliers to gain information to process invoices in a timely manner
- Determine intercompany transaction and prepaid transactions
- Type correspondence, design reports and/or spreadsheets on request by staff for accounting reports
- Cross train and back up other administrative positions as needed or required
2. Prepare daily deposits and apply all deposits to the proper customer accounts
3. Provide accounting support to ensure effective and efficient office operations.
- Scan reports and records to keep up to date
- Develop reports and spreadsheet data upon requests
4. Provide administrative support as needed
5. Perform other related duties as required