The Drafting / Programming position at West Central Steel plays a vital role in the overall success of getting our customers everything they need accurately and in a timely manner. This position works with sales and our machine operators to get processing orders through the plant as seamless as possible. CAD experience, attention to detail, excellent communication and the ability to work in a fast paced environment are the keys to success at this position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Drafting thermal cut parts.
- Convert prints in formats to useable NC code and post to the appropriate machine language
- Create tasks for machine specific operations generating CNC coding for thermal cutting machines
- Work with Enterprise PDM to archive and manage data for production
- Coordination of parts from the customer to completion of the order.
- Scheduling of orders
- Work with data to create geometry used for nesting and programming software
- Machine posting
- Interaction with sales and the customer on the production of parts.
- Operate the cutting equipment in a “hands on” capacity in conjunction with our machine operators.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong Drafting skills are a must.
- Experience with CNC machines is helpful.
- Ability to work with other people; customers, sales and production.
- Willing to work in the production area of our business.
This is a full time hourly position that offers the following benefits:
- Health Insurance
- 125 Cafeteria Plan
- Profit Sharing