West Central Steel (WCS) is a growing steel service center in central Minnesota. In 2018 we increased our parts processing capabilities by 40%. With an 85,000 square foot expansion we have 250,000 square feet of processing and distribution space and a reputation for helping our customers grow through responsive service, reliable deliveries and innovative processing.
We are looking for an Inside Sales Representative to help continue our corporate growth and profitability. The position will work to build long lasting customer relationships, grow existing customers, and help create new customers. This position will also include meeting strategic sales goals as determined by WCS Management and reports to the Sales Manager.
- Generate new and repeat business by learning the customers’ business model and recommending everyday solutions
- Properly negotiate pricing and lead times
- Accurately process customer orders and quotes in a timely manner
- Provide accurate information on the availability of both stock and buy out materials
- Know WCS capabilities and guide the customer to solutions based on capabilities to meet their needs
- Proactively monitor scheduled ship dates to ensure on time delivery and expedite as needed
- Follow up with customers on quotes and orders, daily
- Resolve customer issues and to take care of the customer to instill trust and build the relationship
- Work with Outside Sales Representatives and Sales leadership to schedule meetings with customers, on and off campus
- Identify trends in customer satisfaction, and buying patterns/ usage
- Manage time efficiently, meet personal goals while working as part of a driven team
- Effective communication to the Sales team on pricing feedback from customer base
- Maintain professionalism and ethical business practices
- You will build rapport with customers over the phone, through email and in person
- You have a high attention to detail, willingness to learn new methods and grow technical knowledge
- You can work as a team between sales, operations, administration and management to help meet the customer’s expectations and grow the business
Experience and Qualifications
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of sales and/or purchasing experience, demonstrated knowledge of customer service, account management, and selling in steel distribution, processing and fabrication (or related industries). In addition, this individual will possess the following:
- Possess a high energy, strong desire to achieve top results with a charismatic, positive “can-do” attitude.
- Strong negotiation and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to make persuasive presentations to clients and to upper management.
- Strong customer service orientation with ability to initiate and sustain productive business relationships with customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively work across a broad spectrum of functions within all company units.
- Excellent analytical abilities with ability to analyze data, solve problems and make effective decisions.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and Windows based applications.
- Sales representative selling carbon steel and steel processing
- Demonstrated knowledge of ferrous materials and the metals industry
- Bachelor’s degree or more
Competitive wages, 401(k) with match and generous benefits package