West Central Steel is a growing steel service center in central Minnesota. In 2018 we increased our parts processing capabilities by 40%. With a brand new 85,000 square foot expansion we have 250,000 square feet of processing and distribution space and a reputation for helping our customers grow through responsive service, reliable deliveries and innovative processing.
We are looking for a sales manager to continue our corporate growth and profitability. The position will focus on leading, coaching and managing both the inside and outside sales teams, implementing an effective consultative sales process, and developing the sales strategy while being a key member of the management team. The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Manage the sales efforts of both our outside and inside sales teams, utilizing frequent, direct, face-to-face contact and a consultative sales approach.
- Develop the outside sales team to grow our business with existing customers and high value prospects through new processing capabilities.
- Develop the inside sales team to assure high quality service, including on time delivery according to customer requirements.
- Develop annual forecasts and strategies with a heavy focus on effective execution of those plans to achieve revenue, profit and volume targets.
- Evaluate various processes and procedures to see if there are any instances that may be streamlined to increase efficiencies and quality of work.
- Be an active participant in customer/industry organizations to keep up to date on product and industry trends, changes in rules and regulations, sales ideas and concepts, and administration processing.
- Train, motivate and develop teams to meet the current and future needs of the corporation.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders, while serving as a role model and mentor.
- You can operate as a leader and as a strategic member of the management team.
- You will manage the sales team to deliver results.
- You can work effectively with operations, business development, and administrative personnel.
- A proven track record: developing, managing, and teaching a high-results sales process.
- Can effectively communicate – to sales staff – what is expected and needed to execute the sales plan. Experience training and coaching sales staff to improve their results.
- Able to bring your expertise and techniques with you while adapting to West Central Steel’s unique culture, markets, people and business processes.
- Excellent mathematical, computer and interpersonal skills
- High energy and the ability to travel
- Operate with high integrity, maintaining positive relations with the sales team
- Strong work ethic; self-motivated
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and time management skills
- Creative, forward thinker
- Demonstrable expertise in formal sales techniques: prospecting, cold calling, overcoming objections, up-selling and cross-selling, and closing.
- Proven sales management experience: taking a company from its current sales level to the next sales level.
- 5-10 years successful experience as an outside sales representative selling to industrial and equipment manufacturers as well as structural and miscellaneous fabricators.
- Knowledge of carbon steel products and processing
- A history of measurable sales achievements: sales awards, quotas exceeded, etc.
- Outside sales representative selling carbon steel and steel processing
- Bachelor’s degree or more
Competitive wages, Performance Bonus, 401(k) with match and generous benefits package